When: Sundays @ 9:45 am
Where: Children's Worship Center
What is the Surge?
The Surge is a high energy, virtue driven environment that uses drama, music, story telling, and small group discussion to teach Bible truths.
The curriculum that we will be using is 252 Basics which is based on Luke 2:52.
"...and Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and favor with God and man."
If Jesus grew in these areas wouldn't we want our children to model him. We want every child who participates in the Surge to grow up and say:
I need to make the wise choice.
I can trust God no matter what.
I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
Our teaching will be based on the following concepts:
What do we want to make sure they never forget?
What is the one thing about this lesson that you want them to understand?
How will we connect with each child?
What can we model for them?
What do we want them to walk away and do each week?
Things you'll want to know:
- Please register your child at KidCheck before dropping them off in the Children's Worship Center. If you have not already registered at KidCheck, please click here.
- We will dismiss children at 10:25 am. Please pick your children up in a timely manner.
- Please dress your children in clothes appropriate for sitting on the floor.
- We will emphasize one virtue for an entire month. These are biblical virtues. Each week children will be introduced to a bible story that will reinforce the virtue for the month. Each week there will be a memory verse to connect the lesson to scripture.
This month's virtue- Forgiveness
- Parents are welcome to attend with their children; this is a wonderful family worship experience.
- Are you looking for a way to reinforce the virtue and bible verse studied each Sunday? Click here to print off. This is a great tool for your children to connect with you at home about what they learned on Sunday.
*Without parent volunteers our ministry to your children cannot happen each week. Our expectation is that every parent volunteers in some capacity in our children's program.
Children will be assigned to a small group. First and second graders will be in groups with both boys and girls. Third through sixth graders will be in groups of same gender. Groups will be made up of 8 to 10 children.
Small groups will allow children to connect with an adult and with peers their age. Small group is designed to help children understand the day's topic and how it applies to them. They will discuss real-life experiences and will participate in a wide variety of activities that appeal to different learning styles.
Small Group Leaders
Jessica Barnes and Brad Barnes
Courtney Koogler and Brandon Hardy
Girls- Amy Kelly and Tonya Mugler
Boys- Tony Sharp, Chris Kelly and Brandon Scarbrough
Girls- Wendy Hicks and Joyia McCurley
Boys- Ashley Hicks and Ken Enfinger
Girls- Sondra Tanton and Denise Enfinger
Boys- Allen Tanton and Billy Perdue
Drama Team Opportunities
Do you have the gift of acting and are looking for a place to serve? The Surge is now auditioning for characters in our weekly drama session. If you like to be considered please contact Abby Rogers.
The Surge Needs Your Help! Areas to volunteer:
- Drama- Meets Sunday morning at 8:00
- Sound/tech- Meets Sunday morning at 8:00
- Small Group Leader- Lesson is posted under small groups section (above) on Thursday of each week for you to look over ahead of time. All materials and a copy of the lesson will be ready for you Sunday morning. Arrive Sunday at 9:30.
- Music- Be willing to sing/dance
Become a fan of The Surge on Facebook!
Remember we always encourage your comments and feedback.
We want this to be an awesome experience for your child.
Contact Abby Rogers at 793.4440
for additional information or to volunteer.